256 Port Fan-in Combining RF Matrix
The XTREME 256-C next generation L-band matrix switch features up to 256 ports in a compact 12 RU chassis. The XTREME 256-C is a full fan-in (combining), non-blocking switch where one or multiple inputs can be routed to an output. The XTREME 256-C features an industry exclusive (patented) flexible matrix architecture that supports both symmetric and asymmetric configurations of 256 combined inputs and outputs in a single chassis. Asymmetric configurations such as 192x64, 160x96, and more can be implemented as well as the standard 128x128 configuration. It is designed for maximum reliability with redundant power, fans trays, and control cards plus RF redundancy. It is also designed for ease of maintenance with built-in self-test (BIST) capability and the ability to hot-swap all active components from the front of the unit. The modular XTREME 256-C is highly scalable and can easily be expanded up to 2048x2048 using multiple XTREME 256-C modules. Optional integrated expansion ports allow for large systems without using external expansion modules, significantly reducing system size and the number of cables. The diagram below illustrates the XTREME 256 paired with a XTREME 256-C for full downlink signal distribution and full uplink signal combining capabilities.
Features & Benefits
- 850-2450 MHz frequency range.
- Compact modular design – 256 ports in 12 RU, easily expandable to 2048x2048
- Asymmetrical configurations up to 248 outputs in a single chassis
- Extremely flat over any 36 MHz channel (+/- 0.2 dB typical)
- Adjustable gain and attenuation on all inputs allows the user to adjust the input signal level for optimum performance
- Touchscreen interface & embedded web GUI interface
- Fast and easy hot-swap (less than 30 seconds) of any active cards
- Redundant hot-swap control cards plus independent GUI control system
- Remotely controlled via web browser GUI interface, SNMP, Telnet or TCP/IP via customer supplied PC
- PC compatible operating software and protocol included